Deferiet is a village in Jefferson County, New York, United States of America.
The village is named after the French emigre and settler, Mme. Jenika de Ferriet, whose mansion was completed in 1824.
In 1899, the St. Regis Paper Company was founded on land that had originally been part of Jenika's property.
The Village of Deferiet was incorporated in1921.
At the 2000 census, the population was 309.
The Village of Deferiet is at the southwestern side of the Town of Wilna and is east of Watertown.
The village is south of Fort Drum.
Village of Deferiet, New York